LED Electronic Message Centers: Cost Effective and Efficient
Are you considering an LED Electronic Message Center? Many customers are considering taking the plunge. Here are some facts to help you decide if taking this jump is right for you.
1. Owners typically see an immediate increase in business of 15% to 150% when adding an Electronic Message Center.
2. LED Signs draw in 50% of a business' customers according to a report released by the US Chamber of Commerce.
3. Research at the United States Postal Offices revealed that digital signage increased sales up to 180% across the country.
Average Cost Per 1000 Exposures
LED Electronic Message Center: $0.50 per 1000 exposures
Newspaper: $7.39 per 1000 exposures within a 10 Mile radius
Television $6.26 for 1000 exposures
Radio: $5.47 per 1000 exposures
LED Message Centers Cost Efficiency by the numbers
Lets say for an example you invest $25000 in an LED Electronic Message Center, and the useful life of that display is approximately ten years. The amortized cost on a daily basis would be about $6.84. Add $0.20, the daily charges for electricity, to the amortized cost, and then the total expense would be about $7.05 per day. If daily vehicle traffic passing your business is approximately 15,000 vehicles, your cost would be less than $0.50 per 1000 exposures. This example also assumes there is only one person, the driver, in the vehicle. If more than just the driver see the electronic display, the cost effectiveness for the EMC gets even better.
LED Message Centers are the newest craze in advertising and cost less than 10% per exposure than traditional advertising.
According the the U.S. Small Business Administration:
- Unlimited number of message changes and variable controls
- Greater flexibility in communicating to the public
- The most cost-effective form of paid advertising
- Advertising specials while displaying public service information
- Like a “sales rep on the street,” to attract new customers
- Marketing your products and services without paying wasteful advertising expenses
- The business owner, if need be on an hourly basis, can tailor his business’ message according to specific needs and/or specific target markets
- Can easily display sophisticated images, photos, or logos